Home and Jet Lagged

Well, I lied. I said I'd blog again before we left and I didn't.

We arrived home yesterday around 12:15 Chicago time. We made an effort to stay awake after dinner (thanks to our son Michael!) by watching Netflix. Chris fell asleep almost immediately. I made it through an episode and we both headed to bed. Up at 4:00 a.m. I feel a nap coming on, but wanted to write this blog.

One of the issues with this trip is that we ended up visiting places we went to two years ago. One such place was the Rodin Museum. Now this is a marvelous museum and well worth a second look, but I feel as if we mostly had "second looks" this trip and have missed some opportunities. Some of this was because I was running out of energy because of back issues. 

One place I wanted to go this time was the Tuileries Tunnel. This is an 850-meter tunnel that parallels the Seine and is a prime spot for street artists. It was impressive, but I was more impressed with Rue Denoyer, which I visited two years ago. Apparently sometimes you can see the artists at work, but I didn't see anyone our last visit. It's probably pretty hit or miss. 

This first image is the best Tuileries Tunnel had to offer. It's not representative of the rest of the art, which was basically graffiti - as opposed to street art.


The best image from the Tuileries Tunnel


These are from Rue Denoyer. These strike me more as "street art."

This ends our visit. Now that I am on my computer, I'm going to go back and enter pictures in my previous blogs. I'll let you know when I've done that.

I also have one more blog I want to write about the experience I had after church one Sunday in Paris. I described this briefly in one of the previous blogs. If you are aren't interested in hearing about it, just ignore it when I share it.

Time for a nap.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Here!

J'ai Attrapé Un Rhum!

"We'll Always Have Paris"