It’s Hot!

​Before we set off for Paris, people either warned us of fires or heat. We were well aware of both. We knew we’d be well away from fires - for now. But it’s been in the 90s for the past three days and today the high is expected to be 101. The highs occur in the early evening, so we’ve been able to be out and about before the high. But it’s still been plenty hot. 

Today I need a rest. Just as well to do it on a super hot day. I’ve walked an average of 3 1/2 miles a day and climbed an average of 13 flights of steps a day. 

Monday we went to see Notre Dane Cathedral. It was still closed in 2024, so it was in our list of things to see that we missed then. The reconstruction is beautiful, with vibrant colors. As we were waiting to get in, I thought about how grieved people were at the destruction of the cathedral and how people are flocking to see the renovations. As Chris said, there is a deep yearning for God in the human soul, whether we recognize it or not. 

We were thinking of going to a movie Wednesday, as a good way to beat the heat. I did some research and learned that A/C was spotty in the theaters and bedbugs abounded. So we scratched that off our list. We decided the best bet would be a place where tourists were, so we went to the Petit Palais. Much better than the Grand Palais! It has a huge permanent collection of interesting art. We came to the Petit Palais when we were here in 2024, but didn’t see everything in the collection. This time we returned to some old favorites and also saw some pieces of a new exhibit of contemporary artists called WE’RE (still) HERE. Pictures are tagged to you in Facebook.

This past week I’ve had the chance to get to a gluten-free bakery and I had a delicious eclair. What a treat!

Today we are doing laundry in anticipation of our weekend trip to London tomorrow. Also played some Yahtzee. Not sure what we’ll do for dinner, as it will be blazing hot from 5:00-8:00 pm.

I’ll probably blog again after we return from London - or on the train back on Sunday. Till then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're Here!

J'ai Attrapé Un Rhum!

Traffic, Cats, Restaurant Music